04 / 01 / 2018 - News
Fundacion Metropoli, through its President Alfonso Vegara, will be participating as a Strategic Partner on “The 12th European Urban and Regional Planning Awards 2017 – 2018”.
This year’s awards focus and theme will be “Airports, Cities and Urban Development”.
The European Council of Town Planners considers the importance of Airports Cities in the development of metropolitan areas since the beginning of the 20th century.
Aviation and urban planning have developed in parallel over the last century and play together a major role in the future of human society.
Both can be considered in their role of polarization of human activities and planetary diffusion of culture and local specificities.
Through the 12th European Urban and Regional Planning Awards, the European Council of Spatial Planners wishes to reward the best projects, realized or in progress, research and prospective that show how Spatial Planning integrates airports in the development of cities, metropolises and regions.
The European Urban and Regional Planning Award allows the European Council of Spatial Planners to promote the concrete implementation of the Charter of European Planning approved in April 2013 in Barcelona.
– ALFONSO VEGARA, Winner of the European Urban and Regional Planning Awards in 1994, 2006 and 2008, Spain
– KIERAN MCCARTHY, Representative of the Committee of the Regions (CoR) and of the Commission for Territorial Cohesion Territorial Cohesion Policy (COTER), Ireland
– ISABELLE MAES, Policy Officer TEN-T Atlantic Corridor – European Commission (DG Mobility and Transport)
– FRANCOIS TAMISIER, Chief Architect ADP Group, France
– JANET ASKEW, ECTP-CEU administrator, United Kingdom
– DOMINIQUE LANCRENON, ECTP-CEU Honorary President, France